Thursday, April 15, 2010

Seize back the Tax Revolt

We, as radical libertarians need to seize back the tax revolt, and Tea Party protests. Increasingly, the tax revolt movement is being infiltrated and absorbed by the GOP and the neoconservative right. These folks are not libertarians, and love big government,and high taxes to support their welfare/warfare state. Huge standing armies, worldwide military bases and occupations, and massive defensive spending is as bad, if not worse than welfare spending at home.

The GOP is full of frauds (outside of Ron Paul)and is nothing more than the other side of the coin on the corrupt Left/Right spectrum. I encourage all libertarians to form your own organizations, maybe call them Liberty Rallies, and take back the freedom movement. I have never supported the union with the Right proposed by many libertartians. The Right is just as much the enemy of liberty as the left.

Let organize, protest,and make some noise. Rally to the cause of liberty and the 10th Amendment and leave the Tea Party in the dust.

The real Tea Party was a revolutionary act, not the act of old, declaying neoconservatives with tea bags in their hands!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldnt agree with you more, I actually went to a local Tea Party meeting last night and was honestly some what disgusted and disappointed; mainly frustrated. I was keeping track of things when the GOP started using Fox and other methods to infiltrate and take over the Tea Party for votes. I have to say that they've done a damn good job. The meeting I went to last night started out with a prayer :-/ which is fine cause i understand that there are a lot of conservatives in the Tea Parties...but then by the end of the meeting, it had turned into a Republican meeting, with literally two Republicans at the front of the room telling everyone how to vote on our state's propositions in the upcoming election. I'm in California by the way. What really upset me was when it came to Prop 19, which would legalize the selling, possession, and personal cultivation of cannabis. This might not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but it truly is. With our state hurting so badly in unemployment and the fact that were going bankrupt...this prop could truly help us out right now. But instead of everyone in the room using reason and logic; I had to listen to some 80 year old Republican and his 35 year old counterpart tell everyone that this is a bad prop and that nothing good will come from it. And of course they presented nothing more but jokes and a un-backed concern of safety for the public. I was truly disgusted at this because these are people who are going around touting the Constitution yet dont even show a fundamental understanding of what it's about. "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness." I was too afraid to stand up in front of all these old timers cause like Jefferson, I'm no public speaker, or at least, it greatly disrupts my peace of mind. But I wish i had, and I couldve destroyed them with that line from the Declaration of Independence...for what the Founders meant by a "right to Life" was that we have the right to be left alone; the right to live our lives as we see fit, to make our own choices, as long as they do not infringe of the freedoms and rights of others...what right do they have to tell me what i can or cannot do??
I'm not so sure how this wouldve played out, but I believe that a shocking silence wouldve feel over the room...that or either another snide remark, possibly even a false claim/attack that I'm a liberal, when in fact I am no such thing; I'm a Libertarian. So yes, I'm glad you wrote this, because it is true 100% and we cant allow this to happen, even though it seems its already too late. All we can do now is talk with these people and use reason and logic in hope that they will see the REAL light haha